Monday, November 05, 2007

I'm sorry... WHAT time is it?

Hello, it's Monday. It's November. Daylight savings time has officially kicked in, and with it my annual holiday freak out.

I'm not knitting Christmas gifts this year. I'm not! Except for the seven that I haven't started yet. Seven is actually a lot more than zero, I guess, if you really think about it. Thinking about it is where I draw the line.

Thinking about things leads to thinking about more things, which leads to a big, fat anxiety spiral. But that's another topic.

The Christmas knitting involves things I really do want to make, so I'm looking forward to that. Just not the rest of it.

Every time I try and let things go, I end up feeling twice as worthless because of all the things I could have done but didn't. So that's not the answer.

Maybe this will help. I printed the checklists, forms, and countdowns on this site, and put them in a neat little binder. The more tasks I check off, the more sane I feel. So maybe that's a good thing.

2 comments:

Octopus Knits said...

Eeek! I know how you feel. I wasn't going to knit any holiday gifts, and suddenly I am. Good luck with the gift knitting, and try to have fun with it!

Lick My Sticks said...

I have about 8 million knits to do this season...I don't know how I get into it every year.

I'm all over this website you posted about. I love lists. Like...a lot.