Monday, October 04, 2010

I'm so entertained by technology

Is anyone still reading??? It's been so long! Anyway, I'm so happy to be back. It feels like coming back home after a long vacation and everything is weirdly familiar even though nothing is quite where you thought you left it and it has a funky smell to it (which I'm just going to go ahead and blame on the cat).

Check out the fun widget over on the right! It's not only a link to my new artfire shop, you can also (supposedly) buy things just by clicking the little shopping carts. I haven't tested it, but I'm so impressed with it.

I'm entering Month Two since The Firing. You know that "At Will" clause written into everyone's employment contract that everyone knows about but no one really takes seriously because every decent company has a sane policy for hiring and firing employees? And even though a company says they can fire you without any warning or cause no one really believes it because there are procedures in place to protect us from that sort of insanity?

Not if you work for a crazy person.

I'm not going to say anything more about it, except this:

The Sunday before that Tuesday afternoon, when I took Cally to the pool with my laptop so I could get in a few more hours of overtime on the vet bookguide and the Herlihy brochure, Cally was standing in the 4-foot water waving at me to get my attention. I barely glanced up from the screen.

"Mom, watch!" she shouted. "Watch me do flips!"

"I'm watching!" I called, briefly looking up. As soon as she went underwater, I went right back to writing. I didn't see her flip.

And my efforts that weekend all went into a black hole of nothingness, because on Tuesday afternoon, after putting the finishing touches on that brochure, I stepped into a "meeting" to be told I was being terminated.

I want my Sunday back.

2 comments:

Desiyan said...

Awesome blog post, I really appreciate such quality content. For any pharma consulting services - quickly get in touch with Pharmaceutical Development Group. regulatory affairs services

Veena said...

Thanks for sharing awesome blog post, I read the whole stuff. To get more info about pharma consulting services, visit fast track designation.