Friday, March 17, 2006

Pinwheel


PC050028
Originally uploaded by squeakyweasels.

A few months ago I attempted my first baby blanket for a friend about to enter fatherhood. I thought this pattern was cool, it's called a Pinwheel blanket and it's knit in the round from the center outward with a spiral of increases. There was something very zen about the shape and construction, so I used a really wonderful organic cotton in two natural dyed earth tones.


PB180005

Round things are just inherently soothing.

7 comments:

entrelac said...

That has got to be one of the most gorgeous pinwheel blankets I've seen, and I've looked at several. (I'm considering making one. For...someone. I don't know who yet.)

I really really LOVE the way the twisted stitches give it a unique texture. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree. Cookies are round. :)

red fish said...

I LOVE it! Where did you get the pattern?

Chris O'Brien said...

Thanks!

The pattern is here. There are about a million versions of it floating around Craftster, which is where I first saw it.

Sachi said...

That is WONDERFUL! Well done!

red fish said...

Thanks for the pattern! It is on my list to make when I finish one of my current projects. I love knitting in the round :)

Horse Power said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful colors.