Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I am a gratuitous ballerina

I made this! And it doesn't suck!

Pink Spring Dress

Admittedly this is much more complicated and fitted than I'd intended my first* dress to be. I should have started with a skirt. This was hard. But I love it. I love it so much that it makes me want spin around and get all dizzy.

Pink Spring Dress

Pink Spring Dress

I know. I'm silly.

*Okay, okay. I made a dress with my mom's help when I was 13. And the thrill I got from that tiny bit of bust shaping should have been my first clue that I'd grow up to be a fiber addict.

10 comments:

Angela said...

It's so pretty! And springy! Pink!

I love it.

Sachi said...

Yay, pink!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you're putting your spring break to good use! LOVE the dress! I've been making everyone here at work look at it. We all think you are crazy talented and are jealous of your mad crafting skillz!

Unknown said...

Ohhh, if only had the talent you have in your pinky!

You look so happy and the dress is gorgeous!!!

Crystal said...

Oh, it's lovely! What pattern did you use?

Chris O'Brien said...

Thanks everybody! The pattern is McCall's Stitch & Save M5292.

Anonymous said...

Trista: "She's so pretty! ... but it's pink."

Chris O'Brien said...

Pink, and how!

7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

Very cute! You deserve to be very proud of yourself.

Annie said...

It's lovely! I found you through the St. Louis knits webring -- good to meet you!