Monday, September 18, 2006

Seven years ago I married this person, who also happens to be my strength, support, love, and lifetime companion.

About eight years ago he offered me a diamond and asked what almost seemed to be a rhetorical question.

Six months before, I was working away at a mindless cubicle job when I looked up and saw the man I was meant to marry. When we met, I recognized him. That's the only way I can explain it. It was like rediscovering something I'd lost so long ago I'd almost forgotten I was looking for it.

We dated less than six months, which is a ridiculously short amount of time to get to know a person. But we already knew each other. The six months we did wait was just to prove to our families that we weren't entirely rushing into things. Two weeks might have seemed a little abrupt.

So seven years have passed since the day we officially made that commitment, and eight years plus 196 days since I was lucky enough to find the one I'd been missing since the last time we found each other.

And counting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the close-up pic of you and lifepartner is so flattering of you both. I love the biking togs thaqt Gary has and I wanted one just like it but it dont come in a size 3 extrafat

Anonymous said...

Seven years. Seven years?! It doesn't seem like it has been that long. Such a perfect wedding/reception/day. The Blues Brothers were there! And one of the bridesmaids almost fainted! And Matilda was so tiny. Seven years. Wow.

red fish said...

I LOVE when married couples are so in love (like my hubby and me.) It shouldn't be so rare, but sadly it is. I got teary when I read Gary's post on Friday. Happy Anniversary! May you have many, many more!

Devorah said...

I agree with Red Fish. It is great to see another couple so deeply in love. May your love continue to grow and strengthen over the years.

Anonymous said...

One thing is for certain. The Blues Brothers ruled that reception.

Redhead Editor said...

Everyone should be so blessed!