Thursday, June 14, 2007

Long-overdue correction to the DNA top/vest

Remember Protopretty over there in the free patterns section?

Well, someone much smarter than me pointed out that the "diamond" lace pattern on the back begins with a yarn over.

Awkward!

So awkward, in fact, that when I was making it up as I went along, I instinctively kept an edge stitch on each side to anchor those rogue holes.

And then I forgot to mention that in the pattern. Um. Sorry about that.

What floors me is that there are several brave knitters with completed Protopretties out there who somehow either added instinctive stitches too, or struggled through it with fiddly stitches hanging off the ends of their needles. Either way, you all deserve to be taken out for ice cream.

3 comments:

Octopus Knits said...

Thanks for the correction. I'm thinking about making your lovely tank, and I'm wondering about yarn weight and yardage (maybe you discussed this somewhere, and I've just missed it?).

Chris O'Brien said...

First let me say that I knit loosely enough to be considered an abberation. Using a DK weight yarn and #5 needles, I tend to knit at a worsted weight gauge.

So with that in mind, I used 5 balls of Jo Sharp Soho Summer DK cotton, which was about 550 yards total, to make the smallest size. You'd probably be on the safe side with 600 yards of worsted weight yarn in the fibers of your choice.

I used cotton because I like cotton. :-)

If you do make it, I want to see!

Anonymous said...

Grandma's Lye soap will help heal a rogue hole.