Tuesday, February 15, 2005

It's remarkably beautiful outside today. The fact that I have to be inside is just wrong. All this time I've been holding my breath and waiting for a break in the miserable cold, and this morning I stepped outside and it was warm. The air smells fresh and clean. It's so blissful it defies explanation. But don't mind me, I'm just sitting over here in my office missing it all.

I hope it's still nice at lunch, because I'll take my chicken-salad-on-whole-wheat-pita outside and pretend it's not going to rain and get cold again later.

It charts on today's list of Things I Currently Like, presented here in no particular order:

  • Asymmetrical ponchos
  • The Gilmore Girls "soundtrack" constructed for me by my husband, following his successful "soundtrack" to ABC's Lost.
  • Unseasonably warm weather
  • Silver jewelry
  • Children who wake up in a decent mood
  • Knitting tonight
  • Possibly going out to dinner tomorrow for a belated Valentine's Day event
  • Neil Young
  • Billie Joe Armstrong, all of a sudden. I don't know why. Maybe it's the dark circles.

No comments: